To W(B)ed a Bong

The Bedding Diaries of a clueless, soon-to-be Bride

Monday, August 22, 2005

Cookery lessons for the Bride

Bill and Mrs. S on the phone yesterday -

Bill: Yes, aunty left for India yesterday. Now the Bride has to do all the work. She says she is going to cook today.

Mrs. S: But (insert any gross sounding Bong dhaknam, I will not divulge Bill's as I cannot bring myself to utter it), does she know how to cook?

Bill: Well, aunty's wrote her some huge recipe book and she's using that. Aunty also gave me a recipe book.

Mrs. S: You? What recipe book did she give you?

Bill: You know how I told you she makes excellent radish sambar and chicken samosas and this dosa-like thing called adai. Anyways, I was telling her that I need recipes for all that, so she wrote me a book which has all those recipes and more.

Mrs. S: Radish sambar? What are you doing your PhD on? South Indian cooking?

Bill: Well, I gotta eat na Mummy.

Mrs. S: Whatever. Does the Bride know any Bong recipes?

Bill: If she does, she hides the fact pretty well.

Mrs. S: Okay then, tell her that I am sending her a recipe book. Which will have Macher Kochuri and Tel Koi and all that.

Bill: But I don't think she knows what they are.

Mrs. S: Don't you think its high time she learns?

Bill: I guess.

Mrs. S: Okay then, its all settled. I will mail this tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hornswoggler said...

lol! I love this. carry on till the bedding. and tell us when the kochuri books arrives

8:53 AM  
Blogger Pallavi said...

oh honey .. if you need any recipes.. send me a mail... LOL you are going to have fun... :) hahah

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home